Vision and values
Resgen’s Boikarabelo Coal Mine has all permitting and licensing rights to develop a large surface coal resource in the Waterberg region of South Africa. We have a defined execution strategy and programme of work to establish an opencast mining operation to exploit the resource for the benefit of all of our stakeholders.
As a responsible, new-generation coal producer, our intention is to:
- minimise our environmental footprint through the adoption of in-pit dumping of waste
- maximise the coal resource
- go beyond compliance
- make a positive contribution in our host communities in Limpopo Province and South Africa as a whole
The Boikarabelo Coal Mine has the potential to be a key driver of the Government’s Strategic Infrastructure Project (SIP1), “Unlocking the northern mineral belt with the Waterberg as a catalyst”.
In the execution of our vision, we embrace the following core values:
- Zero harm – safe mining above all else
- Equality and diversity – ensuring equal opportunities for both men and women working at our operations
- Low environmental impact mining – managing and reducing any harmful effects on the Waterberg region
- Supporting the local economy – sourcing services from local communities
- Taking responsibility – being accountable for our actions, both at our operations and in our community